Look Who’s Happy! is celebrating the 35th anniversary of National Pet Week®, sponsored by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). As a pet parent, you know the special bond that exists between you and your furry family member. Here are a few tips from AVMA to help keep your pet happier and healthier:
- Choose well, commit for life: Select the pet that’s right for your family’s lifestyle, and make a commitment to that pet for its life.
- Socialize now: New doesn’t have to be scary: Learn about how to appropriately prepare your pet to enjoy a variety of interactions with other animals, people, places and activities.
- Exercise body. Exercise mind.: This not only improves cardiovascular health, maintains a healthy weight, and supports good mental health for both owner and pet, but it strengthens the human-animal bond.
- Love your pet? See your vet!: Regular check-ups are vital to catching health problems early.
- Pet population control: Know your role.: Talk to your veterinarian about when you should have your pet spayed or neutered.
- Emergencies happen. Be prepared.: Include your pets in your family’s emergency plan.
- Give them a lifetime of love: Pets are living longer now than they ever have before – but as pets get older, they need extra care and attention. Regular veterinary examinations can detect problems in older pets before they become advanced or life-threatening, and improve the chances of a longer and healthier life for your pet.
And, from the Look Who’s Happy! Family:
- Put a smile on your pet’s face, every day, with Look Who’s Happy! ® treats: It’s important to provide healthy treats crafted from the purest, most nourishing ingredients. View more.
Learn more at petweek.org and join us in celebrating the more than 200 million pets that are such a big part of our lives. Be Happy!