Summer = TRAVELING! During the summer months, traveling is a must! And what’s better than going on vacation with your whole family, pups included? Before you head out on your next family adventure, do a little research and locate a pet-friendly hotel or campground. You can see a few of our picks below. And don’t forget to bring along your dog’s favorite Look Who’s Happy! treats!
Top Dog Friendly Hotels:
- Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel- Virginia Beach, VA
- Dog Bark Park Inn B&B- Cottonwood, ID
- Riverside Campground & Cabins- Big Sur, CA
- Best Western Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel- Myrtle Beach, SC
- The Brice, A Kimpton Hotel- Savannah, GA
- Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort- Hilton Head Island, SC
- The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch- Avon, CO
- The Cottages and Lofts at Boat Basin- Nantucket, MA
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel- Miami Beach, FL
- La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood- Pigeon Forge, TN
So many wonderful hotels and destinations are waiting to welcome you and your pup on your next vacation! To make traveling a little easier (and more fun!) get the kids involved to help make containers to pack your Look Who’s Happy! treats!
Tip: Look for fun, colorful, easy-to-open containers that will fit your pups treats. But not too easy to open, you don’t want your furry little friend getting their nose in there!
Tip: Make it a family art day! Let the kids help with decorating the containers with stickers, glitter, paint, etc. The dog will be drooling with excitement over the new fun containers.
For more help finding the right dog friendly hotel for you, check out:
When was the last time you gave your dog a fun night out, or enjoyed an outdoor activity with the whole family? Now that summer is here, it’s time to get outside! There are tons of things to do that are perfect for summertime that you and your dog can both enjoy. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Hit the dog-friendly beach or park: Do a little research to see what areas of your town, or new places you are traveling to, are dog friendly. Finding new parks, hiking trails, and beaches allow you and your dogs to explore new adventures together. Don’t forget the frisbee or ball for fetch!
- Drive-in movie: The drive-in is always fun for the whole family, so make sure to include your four-legged family members too!
- Walking group: Do your friends also have dogs? Get everyone together once or twice a week for a walk around the park or neighborhood. This helps keep you and your dog in a regular exercise routine and gives you both a chance to catch up with your pals.
- Neighborhood dog party: Host a party in your backyard and invite all of your neighbors and their pets! It’s a great way for you and your dogs to meet new friends and spend some time outside.
- Camping: Look for state parks and campsites in your area that allow dogs. Bring the whole family along to explore nature and enjoy a perfect weekend getaway.
- Farmers market: If it’s dog friendly, bring your pups along to check out the farmers market! Visiting your local farmers market is a great way to get outside, meet new people, support local businesses and farmers, and bring home some fresh produce for your family and pets.
- Toy swap: Mix things up a little bit by taking a few of your dogs’ toys and trading with a friend or neighbor for their dogs’ toys. This will give your dogs something new and exciting to play with, and it won’t cost you a thing!
- Outdoor meal at restaurant: Everyone loves to enjoy a meal outside in the summertime, so let your pup be a part of your experience! If your dogs can maintain reasonable table manners, bring them along next time you dine out on a patio at a pet-friendly restaurant. Pack a few treats and ask the restaurant for a bowl of water so they can join in during mealtime.